Monday, July 26, 2010

Back to School Blues

I just finished writing an article for my website on back to school shopping for bunk type beds. Is it just me or is "back to school" starting sooner than ever? This year, I saw back to school sales around the 4th of July and that really gives me the blues. School had hardly been out for two weeks. I really believe that soon, school will be a year round thing. Wouldn't that suit most working parents better? I guess I'm from the old school. I think kids need that summer break.

Anyway, back to school for most of us means new school supplies, new clothes, and new backpacks or lunch boxes. However, some of us may be in the market for dorm or apartment furnishings. These can often include a bed. Bunk beds or loft beds are a great choice for dorms or small apartments. Colleges usually provide the beds but if your son or daughter chooses to live in an apartment, they may need to find their own bed.

The metal loft study beds work well for students because they provide sleeping area in the top and a study area below. Some even have storage drawers built in. The Z bedroom is a great example of a study loft bed for students. It has a built in desk area to accomodate a computer and still provides plenty of desk space.

If you are moving into a small apartment and you have limited funds, a futon bunk bed would serve a dual purpose. Sleep in the top and have a small couch area underneath. You can purchase all kinds of futon covers, many of which look just like upholstry on couches. It doesn't have to look just like a bed. Here is an example of a great futon bunk bed - the Sunset Futon Bunk by Walker Edison.

So, if you're like me and you have the back to school blues, why not go shopping for a new piece of furniture. Something that will work well in a dorm or small apartment. The cool new designs just might lift those back to school blues.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Thnx for this i was eagerly finding dis ,Long Back ! Thnx a Tonn Latex Beds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...Your post really got me thinking man..... an intelligent piece ,I must say. Get more information about Bunk beds

    ReplyDelete